Homemade is just so much nicer than shop bought and this treat can be ready in under 5minutes.
- 2tbsp oil
- 50g corn kernels (or simply use ready popped salted)
- 150g caster sugar
- Firstly, pop ypur corn. Simple tip the oil into the bottom of a big pot, stir in your kernels and pop on the lid. Leave the heat on medium and let the popping begin. Once it begins to stop, lift of the heat but keep that lid on fro a second or two just to be sure there are no late poppers.
- Line a large baking sheet with greaseproof paper and set aside.
- Next get out a frying pan. Pour the sugar in and turn the heat to medium. Now here is the key – STIR STIR STIR!! Do not stop stirring. It will slowly begin to melt and then darken – LIFT IT OFF AS SOON AS IT IS A WARM CARAMEL COLOUR at it burns very very easily.
- Now pour your lovely sauce over the corn and spread onto a baking sheet to cool.