This is a real, old country style dinner that comes together beautifully without much effort and who cares what it looks like ☺
- 1tbsp oil
- 1 ready to roll short crust pastry
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 2 courgettes, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 round of goats cheese
- 2oz grated cheese
- 1/2tsp mixed herbs
- 3 eggs
- ¾ pint of milk
- 1tbsp thyme
- Sprinkling of pine nuts
- Toss the vegetables (ex tomato) in the oil, a pop in the oven for around 30-40 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Meanwhile, line a 9inch flan tin with the pastry and blind bake with baking beans in the base until lightly browned (around 15minutes).
- When cool, add the roast veg. Arrange the tomato on top. Slice the goats cheese and arrange over the top again. Fill in the gaps with the grated cheese. Beat together the eggs, milk, thyme, a splash of water and seasoning. Pour through the spaces until full.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts and place in the oven for 10minutes, until set, risen and brown. Serve with salad.