We call this meal ‘the cure’ in our house. When autumn and winter begin their flow, there are so many colds, coughs, sore throats and yucky things going around that a few helpings of this does the body the world of good.
- 1 chicken carcass (left over from roast chicken – leg bones etc)
- Water to cover
- 100g rice
- 1 tin organic sweetcorn, drained
- Simply put all the chicken bones in a big pot, cover with water and toss in the rice. Boil, boil and boil some more. The longer it cooks, the more goodness will come out of it.
- After a few hours, get your hands in and remove all the bones. Take your time!! Tiny fragments can break off as they soften so go through it with your fingers.
- Then add the sweetcorn and seasoning. Keep those winter blues away