You can’t go wrong with a chicken pie for dinner. It’s a real crowd pleaser that you can prep early in the day.
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2tbsp butter
- 4tbsp flour
- 200ml chicken stock
- 300ml milk
- small bunch of tarragon leaves, chopped
- Bought, puff pastry
- 1 egg
- Heat the oil in a medium pot. Brown the chicken, push aside and add the onion. Cook until golden.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for a further minute. Scrape out and set aside in a bowl.
- In the same pot, melt the butter, stir in the flour, gradually, being sure to keep stirring so as it doesn’t clump. Whisk in the stock and then gradually whisk in the milk, giving it time to thicken.
- Add the tarragon and the chicken mix.
- Spoon the filling into a pie dish, you can now set it aside for later or put the pastry topping on now, according to instructions, putting a small slit in the middle.
- Beat the egg in a bowl and spread thinly over the pastry. Cook in the oven for 20-30mins. Serve with veg and salad