Mmmmmm. Yup, that’s all I can say. Oh yes, and it’s a bit like a starter you always want more of, but you’re getting more!
- 4 goats cheese rounds
- 150g rocket
- 3 apples, cut into matchsticks
- 120g pecans
- 2tbsp maple
- pinch of salt
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp English mustard
- 2tbsp cider vinegar
- First, make the candied nuts. Heat the maple in the pan until bubbling, stir in the nuts and salt and stir until browning and caramelized. Tip onto a lined baking sheet to cool.
- Mix the oil, mustard and vinegar and set aside.
- Chop the apple and toss the sticks in 3tbsp of the dressing.
- Put the cheese rounds onto a baking sheet and pop under a hot grill until browning and beginning to bubble.
- Spread the rocket between your plates, top with the dressed apple, sprinkle with the candied nuts and then set the melting cheese on top. Drizzle over the remaining dressing.