These are my favourite go to snack for energy and beating any sugar cravings. The kids adore them and the drizzle of dark chocolate makes them the perfect little treat.
- 200g medjool dates
- 110g mixed nuts (I use Sainsburys organic)
- 110g mixed seeds
- 100g crispy rice (I use Sainsburys organic)
- 75g dried cranberries
- 3tbs honey
- 50g dark choc (Green and blacks 70% is fantastic)
- Begin by soaking the dates in boiling water.
- Dry fry the nuts and seeds until starting to brown and pop, then roughly chop.
- Drain the dates and mash well with a fork. Stir in the honey and mix into a thick paste.
- Mix all the dry ingredient together and add the wet date mix.
- Press into a lined tin and bake for ten minutes. Remove and push down to tighten everything together (I simply press down with a clean t-towel). Replace in the oven for a further five minutes. Remove and cool completely in the tray.
- Melt your chocolate and drizzle over the top. Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to a week.