This came about quite by accident. I didn’t have the ingredient I needed for the dinner I had in mind, but the vegetables were ready and after a hoke through the fridge, I came up with this ☺
- I pack of ready rolled short crust pastry
- Sprinkling of dried thyme
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- Any cheese you like – I used goats cheese and strong cheddar
- 2 large eggs
- 1tbsp milk
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- Roast all the veg (except the tomatoes) in the oven until soft and browning, around 35-40 minutes.
- Drape the pastry into a pie dish and sprinkle with thyme, pressing it gently in.
- When veg is cool, distribute the vegetable into the pie base.
- Put as much cheese as you like on top.
- Roughly beat the eggs, milk and seasoning, pour it over the vegetable, cheese mix.
- Spread the tomato slices on top. Sprinkle with more thyme. Cook for 45minutes until thoroughly cooked and browning. Serve with salad