These came about as a total accident. I had bought all the things to make my home made apple and blackberry pie – when shock horror!!! – the blackberries started to turn. So in the bin they went and tada, these appeared.
- 1 roll shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg
- 2 apples
- 1/2tbsp butter
- 1tsp cinnamon
- ½ tin of peaches in juice
- 50g icing sugar
- Sprinkling of freeze dried strawberries and brown sugar as toping
- Peel and core the apples, cut into large chunks.
- Melt the butter and sugar in pan, stir in the apple and cinnamon. Pop on the lid and stew for 15minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain the peaches and chop into chunks. Unroll the pastry and cut in half length wise, then into thirds. You will have six rectangles. Leaving a small edge, place a heaped tbsp of the apple to the left side of the top three, and the peaches in the remaining three. Using a finger, run the egg along the edges, fold over the top half, pressing a fork along the joining edges.
- Roughly cover the tops with egg and place in the oven for 20minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Once cold, mix 1tbsp of water with the icing sugar and drizzle over the top, sprinkling your topping of choice over it.
- Serve hot or cold. I side it with custard and ice cream.