Oh but who doesn’t like something sharp and something sweet in a mouthful? I LOVE the chew of the apricots.
- 2oz butter
- 8oz self raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 2oz caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 100ml milk
- 2oz raw ginger, chopped
- 4oz dried apricots, chopped
- Brown sugar to sprinkle
- Soften your butter.
- Pour in the flour and baking powder, now get your hands in there and rub it into breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Add the egg and milk. Stir until a sticky dough.
- Mix in the ginger and apricots.
- Turn the dough onto a well floured surface, sprinkling flour over the top of your dough as it’s very sticky. Now tear the mix into four and set them on a lined baking sheet.
- Rub a little milk over the surface and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake for ten minutes and enjoy hot from the oven.