Garlic! The joy of garlic and all its flavour and goodness.
This is a speedy side that can be prepped early in the day. Layer it with chicken or fish. It works beautifully.
- 2tsp olive oil
- 6 large tomatoes, quartered
- 5 garlic cloves, two crushed, 3 whole and smashed (flatten down with a knife until the split open)
- 200g broccoli
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- Heat 1tsp of oil in a small pot. Add the tomatoes and garlic and stew over a low heat for 15minutes.
- When you are ready to eat, power boil the broccoli for 3minutes.
- Heat 1tsp of oil in a frying pan and sauté the garlic.
- Drain the broccoli, toss in the oil for 2minutes, then add to tomatoes and serve.