I’m feeling like homemade burgers today and these ones are so lovely and simple, you can even get the kids involved.
- 1tbsp oil
- 1 red onions, diced
- 1 tin green lentils
- 2tsp cumin
- 200g sweet potatoes, cooked
- 80g soda crumbs
- Handful coriander leaves
- 1 egg
- 100g feta
- Rocket, lemon hummus and paprika wedges to serve.
- Heat the il in a pan and fry the onion until soft.
- Add the lentils and cook off any wetness.
- Stir in the cumin. Add the mashed potato. Fold in the egg, breadcrumbs, feta and coriander.
- Shape into four burgers – the mixture is sticky so i use a metal spoon, dipped in boiling water to shape and neaten them once I’ve placed them roughly on the lined tray. Cook for around 25minutes.