- 1tbsp oil
- Thumb sized piece of ginger, finely sliced
- 2 red onions, one diced, one cut in wedges
- 2tbsp medium curry powder
- 1tsp allspice
- 400g carton organic chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin coconut milk (plus 1 tin full of water)
- 1tbsp chopped thyme
- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced200g red cabbage, chopped
- 2 red peppers, cubed
- 1tbsp soft brown sugar
- Rice to serve
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion and ginger until soft.
- Stir in the spices, thyme, tomatoes, coconut milk and water. Add the peppers, potato, cabbage and sugar. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat to a simmer and place on the lid for around 25minutes until cooked.