It’s the first day of the holidays – let’s TREAT OURSELVES and our little ones for completing a tough year
- 225g dark choc
- 175g butter
- 225g caster sugar
- 4tbsp plain flour
- 6eggs separated
- Icing sugar to dust
- Grease and line a cake tin.
- Melt the butter and chocolate gently over a low heat until melted.
- Stir in the flour, sugar and lightly beaten egg yolks. I simply use a fork.
- Whisk the egg whites in a separate bowl until stiff.
- Gently fold the whites into the chocolate mix, do this gradually to help it mix more thoroughly. Cook for 30-35 minutes.
- Leave it to cool, it will sink in the middle so don’t be alarmed. Finally, dust with icing sugar.
- Serve with strawberries or cream.
Photos all courtesy of the fabulous Janine Boyd at Janine Boyd Life Documented