INSTANT. EASY. DELICIOUS. A simple scone recipe that anyone can do – perfect for ENTERTAINING OVER THE HOLIDAYS. Mix everything together, tear them into mounds and bake for ten minutes. Eat them hot.
- 2oz butter
- 8oz wholemeal flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 2oz caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 100ml milk
- 50g chopped dates
- Brown sugar to sprinkle
- Soften your butter. Pour in the flour and baking powder, now get your hands in there and rub it into breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Add the egg and milk. Stir until a sticky dough.
- Mix in the dates.
- Turn the dough onto a well floured surface, sprinkling flour over the top of your dough as it’s very sticky. Now tear the mix into four and set them on a lined baking sheet.
- Rub a little milk over the surface and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake for ten minutes and enjoy hot from the oven.