With spring here and summer just around the corner I’ve been trying out different salad recipes and I am a sucker for warm salads! Here’s a carrot and cheese one that hits the spot if you like fresh and sweet flavours.
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 400g baby carrots, larger ones halved length ways
- 80g garden peas
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 80g bag of rocket
- 2 avocados, sliced in wedges
- Feta to crumble
- Dressing –
- 11/2 tbsp honey
- 1/2tsp mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Flat breads or wedges to serve
- Toss the carrots in 1tbsp of oil and the cumin seeds. Roast for 30minutes.
- Meanwhile mix the dressing together and set aside.
- When carrots are browned, boil and drain the peas, toss everything together in a large dish and serve with potato wedges or flat breads.