Warm salad style dinner loaded with chewy cheese anyone? This is it and it’s fresh and crunch to boot.
- 2 x 400g carton of chickpeas
- 2 packets of halloumi
- 1 red onion, thickly sliced
- 300g green beans, trimmed
- 220g cherry tomatoes, cut
- 1 jar of cooked sliced peppers
- Handful of rocket (but any green leaves will do if you don’t happen to have any)
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 8tbsp olive oil
- Soak the red onion in boiling water to take the spice out of it and soften it up a little.
- While it soaks, boil the beans for four minutes, adding the chickpeas for a few minutes at the end.
- Toss your tomatoes, peppers, leaves, onion, chickpeas and beans in a bowl.
- Mix the lime zest and juice with the oil and set aside.
- Slice the halloumi and grill on both sides until golden.
- Toss everything in the dressing while it is still warm.
- Serve immediately.