This curry is fragrant, bursting with flavour and guess what – it’s delicious. Well I think so
- 6tbsp rapeseed oil (more if needed)
- 2 large aubergines, cut in wedges
- 2tsp black onion seeds
- 2tsp coriander
- 3tsp turmeric
- 4tsp mild chilli
- 3tsp soft brown sugar
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3inch piece of ginger, grated
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 2 cartons chopped tomatoes
- Plenty of seasoning
- Rice to serve
- Heat the oil until hot, then add the aubergine wedges in batches being sure to cook until browning on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- In the remaining oil, add all the seeds, garlic, ginger and spices, stirring for a minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, sugar, aubergine and seasoning.
- At the last minute, stir in the cherry tomatoes and heat through.
- Serve with rice.