This is one of those last minute, simple dinners. Perfect for sunny days.
- Flat bread –
- 300ml warm water with 2tbsp oil
- 500g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2tbsp oil
- 4 courgettes, halved and sliced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 6 ripe tomatoes, halved
- First make the flat breads – pop the flour in a bowl with a pinch of salt and slowly pour in the water and oil. Mix with a spoon then get in and knead with your hands. Turn onto a chopping board and knead for a few minutes, cover with the bowl and set aside.
- Meanwhile, half the tomatoes and place on a baking sheet, drizzle in oil, season and pop in the oven to roast.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pot, add the onion and courgette, season and cook on low, stirring occasionally until soft.
- When you are ready to eat, heat two frying pans (dry), flour a worktop and tear small handfuls off the dough, roll it into a rough ball, and with a rolling pin, roll it until a rough, thin flatbread. Place on the hot pan and cook until starting to puff up, then turn. Keep going until they are all cooked, wrapping then loosely in a tea towel as you go to keep them warm.
- Once all cooked, place them on plates, dollop a large tbsp. of pesto onto each one and spread. Top with hummus and roughly spread. Then top with the greens and tomatoes. Serve with salad.