Sometimes, a good chicken pie is exactly what the day calls for – this one is made in a few easy steps and can be made ahead of time and then thrown in the oven.
- 2tbsp oil
- 1 bunch spring onions, sliced
- 200g spinach
- 6 chicken breasts chopped (or 4 for 4 ppl)
- 700ml veg stock
- 1tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 300g frozen peas
- 200ml crème fraiche
- 1 handful tarragon, chopped
- Filo pastry
- Heat the oil in a pot and cook the onion and spinach until wilted.
- Add the chicken and cook for 5 mins longer until turning white.
- Add mustard and stock and simmer for 20mins. Stir in peas and crème fraiche.
- Pour into a pie dish and scrunch the filo sheets and place on top. Lightly brush with oil and put in oven for 20mins until golden. Serve with salad and wedges