Oh my but this is a tasty one.
Think, healthy weekend take away or easy mid week dinner with a twist.
- 1tbsp sesame oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 red/orange pepper, cut in chunks
- 450g tin pineapple in juice
- 3 cartons chickpeas, drained
- 16tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 6tbsp ketchup
- 2tbsp soy
- 100g light brown sugar
- 1 heaped tbsp corn flour
- 1.5 tbsp water
- Fry the onion and pepper in the oil until soft.
- Mix corn flour and water in a bowl and set aside.
- Add all remaining ingredient and bring to the boil. If you are making this in advance, pop in a lid and set it aside.
- When you are ready to eat, simply heat the sauce and gradually add the corn flour mix, stirring constantly, until it is at the desired thickness. Boil rice to serve. Serve with a sprinkling of black onion seeds and chopped spring onion if you have them.