There is nothing quite as easy as a tart dinner. We love them in our house. Serve them up with a great big salad and whooooosh you are transported to a place of lovliness. This one is a little like a quiche/tart so it’s even better.
- 1 pack of ready rolled short crust pastry
- 8 potatoes, cooked and drained
- 1tbsp oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 courgettes, halved and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 5 eggs
- 2tbsp milk
- Line a flan tin with the pastry and blind bake until golden.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pot and cook the onion, garlic and courgette until soft.
- Slice the cooled potatoes.
- Remove the pastry from the oven and allow to cool.
- Layer the veg onto the pastry – potato, courgette and onion, potato… and keep going until it is all used.
- Break the eggs into a bowl. Add the milk, season and mix. Pour in through the spaces in the veg and bake in the oven until golden brown (usually around 20mins)