I always make my pasta sauces vegetarian. Why? Because there is so much bulk in the wholemeal pasta and the veg that there is never any need for more. And this sauce is the perfect example of that.
- 2tbsp oil
- 2 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, cut into tiny cubes
- 2 peppers, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2tbsp tomato puree
- 2 cartons of chopped tomatoes
- 2 packs of ready to eat puy lentils
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 2tsp mixed herbs
- Pasta to serve
- Heat the oil in a pot and cook the onion, garlic, carrot and peppers until soft.
- Stir in all remaining ingredient and simmer for 20mins. Serve tossed through pasta.