Gnocchi is one of those love or hate things – I like it, it is a good change from both potato or pasta and let’s face it, it’s super easy.
- 1tbsp oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cartons chopped tomatoes
- 2tbsp tomato puree
- 2tbsp capers
- 80g spinach
- 1 mozzarella ball, torn
- Heat the oil and cook the onion and cherry tomatoes until soft.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and tomato puree and blitz.
- Stir in the capers and season.
- Heat a pot of boiling water and cook the gnocchi for 5 mins. Drain and stir into the tomato sauce.
- Pout into an ovenproof dish and top with the torn mozzarella. Pop under a hot grill until golden and bubbling. Serve with green salad in lemon juice