This is so moreish and stewy and just oozes lush flavours – I want more!
- 4tbsp oil
- 3 aubergines, halved length ways
- 2 onions, cut in chunks
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1tsp all spice
- 1 500g carton passata
- 200ml veg stock
- 1 carton chickpeas
- 1 carton cannellini beans
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 170g goats cheese rounds, sliced
- Heat the oven. Put aubergines, skin side down in a large roasting tin. Score each one 3 times, diagonally across the top, drizzle in oil and season. Add the onion and garlic around the edges, rubbing them in oil too. Pop in the oven for 10minutes.
- Remove and add the cinnamon, allspice, bay leaves, stock, tomatoes, passata, thyme and beans, return to the oven for another 10mins.
- Remove, lay one ring of goats cheese on each aubergine half and return to the oven for a final 10mins. Serve with salad.