Picnic and lunchbox dreams. These pies are easy and lovely hot or cold. Make a big batch and keep them in the fridge for picnics.
- 1 pack ready roll short crust pastry
- 1tbsp oil
- 2 potatoes, diced and power boiled
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 10 sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 6 tomatoes, chopped
- 1tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1tsp rosemary
- 1 mozzarella ball, diced
- 1 egg
- Sprinkling of poppy or onion seeds
- Put the diced potato on to boil and drain once just tender. Set aside.
- Heat the oil and cook the onion and garlic until soft. Add the tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, rosemary, vinegar and sweat with the lid on for ten minutes. Cool a little and blitz.
- Dice the mozzarella and stir in along with the potato.
- Unroll the pastry. Grease a muffin tin. Cut thin strips of greaseproof paper and lay one strip into the base of each case. Using a large, circular cutter, cut out 8 circles and lay into the base, pressing down gently.
- Spoon one spoonful of the mozzarella mix into each one. Using a smaller cutter, cut out 8 tops and set on top, pressing the edges gently together.
- Crack the egg into a bowl and brush over the tops, sprinkling a pinch of seeds. Bake for 20 minutes.