This is packed with vegetables, warm and creamy with a light peppery sauce. Yum!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1 small tin of sweetcorn
- 1 head of broccoli, broken into florettes
- 5tbsp oil
- 2tbsp plain flour
- 3/4pint of milk (add more if too thick)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2tsp paprika
- Plenty of ground black pepper, depending how spicy you want it
- 100g breadcrumbs (soda bread)
- 100g grated cheese
- Bring water to the boil, add the broccoli and cook for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Heat 2tbsp of the oil and fry the chicken until beginning to colour.
- Add the onion and pepper and cook until soft and golden. Put into an oven proof dish along with the sweetcorn and broccoli.
- In a pot, blend 2tbsp of oil and flour. Gradually add the milk. Add the bay leaf. Stir over a medium heat until thickened.
- Add pepper and paprika and cook for 2mins. Pour over the chicken mixture.
- Blitz the breadcrumbs, stir in the cheese and remaining oil and sprinkle over the top. Bake in the oven for 20-30mins, until golden brown. Serve with salad.