Pastries are as fast as dinner can be…well, almost. This is one with a twist that works so well!
- 1 just roll puff pastry
- 2tbsp mango chutney
- 1 large courgette, sliced
- 1 large aubergine, halved and sliced
- 1tbsp oil
- 1tsp cumin and fennel seeds, crushed (I used a pestle and mortar)
- 60g goats cheese
- 1 mozarella ball
- 1 egg
- Toss the courgette and aubergine in the oil and crushed seeds and roast in the oven for 30mins. Leave to cool slightly.
- Unroll the pastry and score a 1cm edge along all sides. Beat the egg lightly in a bowl and using your finger, run it along the edges to help them crisp nicely.
- Spread the chutney over the base. Dot the cooked veg over the top. Dollop on bits of goats cheese, trying to spread it evenly around the pastry. Tear the mozzarella and do the same. Pop in the oven for 15-20mins, or until golden and bubbling. Serve with salad.