Sundried tomatoes are a weakness of mine. Put them with quinoa and you have a lovely, med style stew.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 100g quinoa
- 1ltr vegetable stock
- 3 sundried tomatoes, plus 2tbsp of their oil
- 4 sprigs of thyme, leaves only
- handful of parsley
- ½ lemon, zest and juice
- Heat the oil in a pot and cook the onion, carrots and celery until beginning to soften.
- Stir in the quinoa and cook for a further three minutes.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil and simmer with the lid on for 45minutes.
- Meanwhile, blitz the tomatoes, oil, thyme, parsley, lemon juice and zest. When the quinoa is cooked and the vegetables soft, stir through the sundried dressing and serve.