I love my big dish dinners. Whack it onto the table with a big serving spoon and let people help themselves (big people at least)
- 1tbsp oil
- 8 vegetarian sausages, cut into 2inch pieces
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 3 carrots, cut into batons
- 700ml vegetable stock
- 2tbsp HP honey bbq sauce
- 2tbsp ketchup
- 3tsp Worchester sauce
- 1/2tsp dried thyme
- 9 potatoes, cut in chunks
- seasoning (Can be excluded for speed)
- Dumplings – 4oz self raising flour
- 2oz shredded suet
- 1/2tsp mixed herbs
- 2oz finely grated cheese
- Put the oil in a large casserole dish and add the sausages and onion and cook until browning.
- Add the carrot and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the potatoes, stock, ketchup, bbq sauce, Worchester and thyme. Pop in the oven for 1hour or until potatoes are soft. Add dumplings after 30minutes.
- Dumplings – Mix all the ingredient together and bind with a splash of water. Divide into about 10 small pieces and roll into balls. Toss in flour. About 30minutes before eating, stir into the casserole, if it seems a tad dry, pour in some more water.