I love a puff pastry dinner. They are last minute and always delicious.
- 1 pack of puff pastry
- 2 red, 1 yellow peppers, cut in chunks
- 1tbsp oil
- 2tbsp chutney (I used roasted red pepper from Tesco)
- 100g soft goats cheese
- 1 ball of mozzarella, torn
- 1 egg
- 1 avocado, cut in slices
- Optional – watercress to sprinkle
- Chop the pepper, toss in oil on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 30minutes (this bit can be done in advance). Remove.
- Unroll the pastry and cut into 3 strips. Using the knife slightly score a 1cm edge on all sides.
- Crack the egg into a bowl and brush it along your border (I use my fingers, way quicker).
- Now spread the chutney on the base of each peace. Sprinkle over the cooked peppers. Dollop on little bits of goats cheese and torn mozzarella and pop back into the oven for 15minutes until golden.
- Once cooked, set the slices of avocado on top and sprinkle in watercress. Serve with salad