This is one to make with the kids.
It’s easy, bit messy and yummy too.
- 3 medium baguettes
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, halved
- 5tbsp tomato puree
- 100g sliced cheese
- Sprinkling of dried basil
- (If you like you can chop up ham, chicken, peppers, peperoni etc)
- Slice baguettes down the middle and place, soft side down on a tray and grill the outside until golden (around 2minutes). Remove, flip over.
- Put oil in a bowl along with some seasoning. Let kids dip their fingers in and rub it over their breads.
- Give them 1 split clove each to rub the cut ends onto the surface, all over, just rub, rub, rub.
- Next, dollop the tomato puree onto the bread and let them spread it with a knife, or spoon.
- Put the basil in a pinch bowl and let them sprinkle it over.
- Lastly lay the cheese slices on the top and pop back under the grill until golden.