I love a good chilli dish. This is one I came up with for chicken lovers or as a good way to use up leftovers. It’s smoky and packed with protein. The perfect hot packed lunch or speedy dinner.
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- two large handfuls of leftover roast chicken, or four breasts
- 2tsp smoked paprika
- 400g carton organic chopped tomatoes
- 2tbsp brown sugar
- 400g carton organic black beans
- 400g carton organic kidney beans
- Brown rice to serve
- Heat the oil in a medium pot and brown the onion.
- Stir in the chicken and heat through, or cook until browned.
- Add the pepper and cook for a couple of minutes until beginning to soften.
- Stir in the paprika, sugar, tomatoes and beans. You can now leave this until you’re ready to eat, it can even be made the day before.
- Cook rice according to pack instructions when ready to serve.