- 2 slices of wheaten bread
- 2 eggs
- 150g asparagus
- basil oil
- 4 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Pinch of fresh dill
- Parmesan shavings (about 20g)
- Cook your asparagus – pop it into a pan of boiling water and let boil for three minutes. Turn down to a simmer but keep it in the water.
- Heat water to boiling point in a pan, then turn it down to a simmer.
- Crack your egg (1 at a time) into a sieve over a bowl. Slide the egg gently into the water and let simmer for three minutes.
- Place the wheaten on your plates, top with asparagus, add the poached egg. Top with parmesan shavings. Sprinkle in basil and dill, with a final drizzle of basil oil (if you don’t have it simply use olive oil). Serve alone or with salad.