I came up with these little treats, as a nice crunchy biscuit that satisfies any sweet craving, without the sin.
- 75g puffed brown rice (I use naked)
- 50g coconut sugar (available in Tesco)
- I egg
- 1/2tsp vanilla essence
- 1 heaped dessertspoonful coconut oil, melted
- 25g desiccated coconut, plus extra to sprinkle
- Melted dark chocolate to dip as required
- Mix the eggs, sugar, coconut oil and vanilla until a smooth paste.
- Blitz the puffed rice in a food processer until well broken down but still a little crunchy. Add to the wet mix, along with the desiccated coconut and stir to mix.
- Form into domed cookie shapes in your hands and place on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 20minutes, until crisp and lightly golden.
- Leave to cool on the sheet, then dip into the chocolate and sprinkle with coconut, placing them back on the tray as you go. Slip the tray into the fridge until set.
- Will keep in an airtight container for seven days.