This cake is packed with strawberries, crunchy meringue and is so filling!
- 6oz butter
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 3tsp water
- 8oz plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 4oz ground almonds
- 5 eggs
- 6oz golden caster sugar
- 400g strawberries, roughly chopped
- 2 meringue nests, broken
- Line a cake tin with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the butter, stir in the vanilla essence.
- Put the flour, baking powder and almonds in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat the eggs and sugar until they are pale and fluffy.
- Beat in the melted butter mix.
- Beat in the flour mix.
- Stir in 2/3 of the strawberries and pour into the tin.
- Sprinkle over the remaining strawberries and meringue.
- Bake for 90mins. Leave to cool in the tin and then enjoy!!