Asparagus – it keeps you full for longer, it’s full of antioxidants, it’s brilliant for your digestive system so BEATS BLOATING and the vitamin B helps put A SMILE ON YOUR FACE as it’s a mood booster.
So let’s eat more of it.
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 250g Asparagus
- 1 packet, pre cooked Puy lentils
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 100g peas
- Handful mixed herbs – mint, chives, basil, thyme
- 1tbsp French mustard
- 2 lemons squeezed
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion, carrot, celery and garlic for a few minutes, stir in the mustard.
- Heat the puy lentils according to pack instructions.
- Blanch the asparagus and peas for 1 minute, lastly add the spinach then drain.
- Mix the asparagus etc, along with the lentils, into the veg.
- Stir through the mixed herbs.
- Squeeze over the juice of the lemon and plate up.