Who wants some? QUICK and EASY to prepare, a total fave in my house.
- 2 large handfuls of torn cooked chicken
- 1tsp olive oil
- 1tsp lemon juice
- 1tsp honey
- 125g plain flour
- 75ml water with 1tsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Shredded lettuce
- ½ a red pepper, diced
- Lemon hummus drizzle – homemade hummus (or quality shop bought) with juice of ½ a lemon stirred through
For Flat breads:
- This is simple. Dress the chicken in the marinade and set aside.
- Now make the dough for the flat breads. Mix everything together in a bowl, turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5minutes. Put in a bowl and cover for at least 20minutes.
- Stir the lemon juice through the hummus and set aside.
- When you are ready to eat, heat a frying pan or griddle to very hot. Roll the dough into a log and cut into four. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a ball and using a rolling pin, roll them in small pancakes – they should be thin but pliable. Dry fry on each side until starting to bubble and brown in places (usually 30-45 seconds). Wrap them in a clean t-towel as you go to keep them warm.
- Lay the breads on the plates, top with chicken, lettuce, pepper and drizzle in hummus. Any remaining hummus can be placed on the table as a dip.