This is a really easy, lovely med style dish that works for lunch or diner. Plus it takes hardly any effort so right up my street on a bust week day.
- 2tbsp oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, diced
- 250g on the vine tomatoes, diced
- 2tbsp tomato puree
- 4 cartons chopped tomatoes
- 3 cartons butter beans, drained
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1tbsp oregano
- 400ml water
- 150g feta
- Parsley and crisp bread to serve
- Heat the oil and cook the onion, garlic and tomato until soft.
- Add the tomato puree, chopped tomatoes, cinnamon, oregano and water and butter beans and simmer until thickened (around 30mins).
- Serve with feta crumbled on top, a scattering of parsley and crispy bread or potatoes to stuff.