These are my ultimate weakness! I just can’t get enough of them, especially hot from the pan. Homemade potato farls are also a great way to use up left over mashed potato. Have them with eggs for a weekend breakfast or hot of the pan for snack.
- 4 potatoes
- ½ tbsp butter
- 50mls of milk
- Seasoning (be generous)
- 5 tbsps flour
- Boil the potatoes for around twenty minutes until cooked.
- Mash them with the butter, milk and seasoning.
- Add the flour gradually until you have a nice dough mixture.
- Turn onto a floured surface and roll to your desired thickness with a floured rolling (pin as the dough can be sticky). Cut into your chosen shape – circular, triangular…
- Lightly flour and heat your pan, then fry on both sides until browned.