Who wants a take-away that’s NOT filled with horrible additives? And you can knock it together in five minutes? HERE IT IS – GIVE THIS A GO!
- 1tbsp sesame oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 450g tin pineapple in juice
- 2 packs udon noodles (to wok)
- 16tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 6tbsp ketchup
- 2tbsp soy
- 100g light brown sugar
- 1 heaped tbsp corn flour
- 1.5 tbsp water
- Fry the onion and pepper in the oil.
- Mix corn flour and water in a bowl and set aside.
- Add all remaining ingredient exc the noodles to the pan and bring to the boil. If you are making this in advance, pop in a lid and set it aside.
- When you are ready to eat, simply heat the sauce and gradually add the corn flour mix, stirring constantly, until it is at the desired thickness.
- Heat a wok, or large pan, tip in the sauce, add the noodles and heat through.
- Serve with a sprinkling of black onion seeds and chopped spring onion if you have them.