There is nothing quite like a late brunch of hot pancakes, with a sprinkling of berries and cinnamon. It’s what winter mornings are made for J
- Oil to cook
- 150g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 1tsp sugar (you can leave this out)
- 225ml milk
- 1 egg
- 1tsp melted butter
- Berries, maple syrup, cinnamon to serve
- Mix all the wet ingredient together and set aside.
- Mix all the dry, make a well in the center and pour in the wet, stirring as you go.
- Heat a pan until hot, pour on ½ ladle (up to three on the pan at a time) and cook until the surface is bubbling and the edges are turning golden – flip. When the batch are cooked, sprinkle each plateful with mixed berries, a dusting of cinnamon and a drizzle of syrup.